As we approach the warmer months of the year, ensuring that your air conditioning unit is functioning efficiently is crucial to staying comfortable indoors. While routine professional AC service and prompt repairs can help keep your unit running smoothly, you can also play a significant role in extending the lifespan of your AC unit. Enter the keywords “air conditioner repair near me” if you reside in the area, and schedule your AC service in Aurora, CA, with Technic Air Mechanical.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss the short and long-term AC maintenance tasks you can do yourself to extend the life of your AC unit.
Short-Term AC Maintenance Tasks
- Clean or Replace the Air Filter: The air filter in your AC unit helps to trap dirt, dust, and other pollutants, keeping the air in your home clean. Over time, the filter can become clogged, which can cause your AC unit to work harder and less efficiently. Clean or replace the filter every 30 to 60 days to keep your AC unit running smoothly.
- Clean the Condenser Coils: The condenser coils on your AC unit release heat outside the air. If they become dirty or clogged, they can’t do their job correctly, which can cause your AC unit to work harder than it needs to. Use a soft-bristled brush or a vacuum to remove dirt or debris from the coils.
- Check the Thermostat: Your thermostat controls the temperature in your home, so it’s essential to ensure it works properly. Check to see if the temperature settings are accurate and if the thermostat functions as it should.
- Clear the Area Around Your AC Unit: Your AC unit needs space to work properly, so ensuring nothing obstructs it is crucial. Trim any bushes or shrubs around the unit and ensure no debris or clutter is nearby.
- Check for Leaks: Leaks in your AC unit can cause it to lose refrigerant, resulting in poor performance or even a breakdown. Check for any leaks in your AC unit’s refrigerant lines or other components. It is also vital to promptly repair any other HVAC issues you’re noticing, so search for “air conditioner repair near me” to hire a reliable HVAC technician.
Long-Term AC Maintenance Tasks
- Check the Ductwork: Over time, the ductwork in your home can become dirty or damaged, reducing the efficiency of your AC unit. Have your ductwork inspected and cleaned regularly to keep your AC unit running smoothly.
- Upgrade Your Thermostat: Upgrading to a smart thermostat can help to save energy and improve the efficiency of your AC unit. Newer thermostats can learn your schedule and adjust the temperature automatically to save you money on your energy bills.
- Schedule Regular AC Service: Having your AC unit serviced regularly by our professional technician can help to prevent issues and keep it running efficiently. Contact Technic Air Mechanical for excellent AC service in Aurora, CO.
- Insulate Your Home: Insulating your home can help to keep the cool air in and the hot air out, reducing the workload on your AC unit. This can help extend your AC unit’s life and save you money on your energy bills.
Regular maintenance can prevent minor issues from becoming larger ones, ensure that your AC unit is running efficiently, and extend the lifespan of your unit. By following these tips, you can stay relaxed and comfortable all summer while saving money on your energy bills.