Job Title: HVAC Repair Technician
- Primary Job Function:
- The job of HVAC Technician was established for the purpose/s of providing skilled Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading HVAC and Energy Management Control Systems (EMCS) and equipment in accordance with industry best practices; ensuring that all work is done according to design specifications, state and local building codes, and applicable regulations.
- Essential Functions:
- Analyzes blueprints, schematics, and drawings for the purpose of identifying the location of new and existing HVAC systems and determining the efficient installation of additional systems.
- Cleans air conditioning and heating units (e.g. coils, condensation pans, drain lines, cooling towers, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring units are operating efficiently, correctly and within safety guidelines.
- Coordinates with supervisor and other trades (e.g. inspectors, suppliers, contractors, district personnel, consultants, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects and work orders.
- Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in HVAC systems and energy management control systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs ensuring responsive and corrective action for urgent building operation items, indoor air quality, thermal comfort parameters.
- Estimates labor, materials, and/or equipment needed to complete work projects for the purpose of ensuring timely completion of projects. • Fabricates or coordinates the fabrication of equipment parts for the purpose of meeting specialty needs and/or replacing unavailable parts. • Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with building and safety regulations.
- Installs HVAC equipment and systems (e.g. actuators, circuit boards, flam sensors, compressors, pressure reducing valves, etc.) for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded capabilities.
- Maintains clean and orderly conditions in all working areas for the purpose of observing all safety practices and regulations. Maintains records (e.g. equipment repair history, work orders, test reports, etc.) for the purpose of documenting required information.
- Maintains vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
- Monitors contract work for the purpose of ensuring contract terms are fulfilled and work standards are met. Monitors HVAC systems and their components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Performs emergency, predictive and preventive maintenance for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of HVAC systems. Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, recommendations, invoices, quotes, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Prioritizes work orders for the purpose of addressing health and safety problems first.
- Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Secures equipment and supplies (e.g. locates parts, makes purchases, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Additional Functions:
- Participates in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars, as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Skills, and Abilities
- SKILLS are required to perform single, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include operating equipment used in the installation, repair and maintenance of HVAC equipment; planning and managing projects; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and handling of hazardous materials.
- ABILITY is required to schedule several activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and consider a number of factors when using equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others; work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and utilize equipment under a variety of conditions for multiple purposes. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with similar types of data; and utilize a wide variety of types of job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is moderate to significant. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules; working as part of a team; working with constant interruptions; and displaying mechanical aptitude.
- Responsibilities include working under direct supervision using standardized routines; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; and monitoring budget expenditures. Utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job’s functions.
- Working Environment
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; significant climbing and balancing; significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and under conditions with exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
- 4 years of Job related experience within specialized field is required.
- Targeted job-related education that meets organization’s prerequisite requirements.
- Grade 12 high school diploma or academic equivalent through an educational program such as a GED; minimum of two years training, refrigeration, air conditioning, electrical, and related technical trade; four years related experience in building and maintenance of heating ventilation and air conditioning systems; physical and mechanical aptitude to perform a full range of maintenance tasks.
- Required Testing
- Pre-employment Proficiency Test
- Pre-employment Physical Exam
- Valid Driver’s License & Evidence of Insurability
- EPA Certification-Freon Capture and Recovery is a plus
|Job Category Technician||Technician|
|Benefits||Company vehicle, Competitive wages and profit sharing|
|Job Category||Customer Service|
Job Title: HVAC Installer – Level I
- Work Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm CST,
- Primary Job Function: Under direct supervision of Lead. Level 1 HVAC Installer will assist in the installation of air conditioning, heating, ventilation systems in multi and single-family homes. Installations will follow proper code and “Your Company” rigid quality standards. Will report to work on time and ready to work.
- Reports to HVAC Supervisor/Lead Installer
- Required Qualifications:
- Valid Driver’s License and clean MVR.
- Must be drug-free and be able to pass new-hire and random drug screenings.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have tools used in the installation of HVAC equipment.
- Motivated to invest time into training to advance job position.
- Demonstrate commitment to developing customer service and communication skills
- Able to follow verbal and written directions as given.
- Capable of following all Safety Guidelines
- Ability to operate hand and power tools safely.
- Can work in situations requiring heights and tight working conditions from extension and step ladders.
- Can use safe lifting procedures on the job.
- Can work use full range of body motion to include
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly Duties:
- Have required tools as listed for HVAC Installation
- Arrive at jobsite at scheduled time and location as dispatched
- Operate company vehicle as needed.
- Follow instructions from Supervisor and Lead to perform duties in a timely manner.
- Report any problems with company tools or vehicles promptly.
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Must be supervised at all times.
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Unload truck supplies and equipment.
- Participate and attend employee meetings and trainings.
- Develop customer service, communication and teamwork skills with Contractor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Learn and demonstrate within budgeted labor hours to Technic Air quality standards.
- Perform tasks:
- Metal & Wood cutting.
- Duct installation and connection.
- Framing and nailing.
- Installation of flex and duct to code.
- Properly vent and install bath fan.
- Installation of Gas Lines
- Furnace Hookups
- Refrigerant Lines
- Gas fittings, Gas Tags
- Performance Indicators
- Key business indicators will be used to measure the effectiveness of the HVAC Installer
- Number of times projects are not installed on schedule.
- Organization and cleanliness of work site.
- Number of callbacks on workmanship.
- Paperwork accuracy, including invoicing
- Number of times fittings are installed incorrectly.
- Number of equipment/tools breaks due to lack of maintenance or proper use.
- Key business indicators will be used to measure the effectiveness of the HVAC Installer
|Benefits||Competitive rates/wages per house|