Summer is around the corner and a properly functioning air conditioner is essential to keep your home cool and comfortable. Air conditioning is essential to modern life, providing comfort and relief from hot weather.
Did you know that your air conditioner can also make you sick? A poorly maintained air conditioning system can circulate harmful particles and bacteria, leading to various health problems. This is why it’s crucial to be aware of the signs and symptoms of your air conditioner and why it could be making you sick. This article will provide information and the necessary steps to remedy the situation.
There are various signs and appropriate solutions to keep your air conditioning system healthy and safe. If you’re undergoing any of these symptoms, don’t hesitate to contact Technic Air Mechanical for AC replacement in Aurora, CO.
Indicators that Your Air Conditioner is Adversely Affecting Your Health
- Respiratory Problems: The first and most obvious sign that your AC unit is making you sick is respiratory problems. If you experience coughing, sneezing, or itchy eyes after spending time in a room with the air conditioner on, it could be a sign that your AC is circulating harmful particles. Dust, pollen, and other allergens can build up in the air ducts and be dispersed into the air, leading to respiratory issues.
- Allergic Reactions: If you notice an increase in your allergies, such as sneezing, runny nose, or itchy eyes, it could be a sign that your AC is making you sick. Dirty air filters, mold growth, and stagnant air can circulate allergens in your home, causing allergic reactions. Regular air conditioning maintenance and cleaning can help reduce allergens and keep your home environment healthy.
- Asthma and Bronchitis Symptoms: If you have asthma or bronchitis, dirty or poorly maintained AC systems can exacerbate your symptoms. Dust, mold, bacteria, and other pollutants can circulate in your home, triggering breathing difficulties, wheezing, and coughing. A well-maintained air conditioning system can improve the air quality in your home and reduce respiratory problems.
- Shortness of Breath: Chest tightness and shortness of breath can signify respiratory problems caused by your AC. If you experience these symptoms, inspecting your air conditioning system for mold growth, clogged air filters, and other pollutants is essential. A professional air conditioning service can help diagnose and resolve these issues, improving the air quality in your home and reducing respiratory problems.
- Headaches and Fatigue: Headaches and migraines can signify that your AC makes you sick. Poor air quality and high humidity levels can trigger headaches and migraines. Regular air conditioning maintenance, and cleaning, can elevate the air quality and reduce the risk of headaches and migraines. We also provide air purifiers in Aurora, CO, to help purify the air.
- Poor Indoor Air Quality: Another sign that your air conditioner is making you sick is poor indoor air quality. This can manifest as a musty odor or visible mold growth inside your air conditioning unit. A dirty air filter can also contribute to poor indoor air quality, allowing mold, bacteria, and other harmful particles to circulate in your home.
Solution – AC Replacement and Air Purifiers
Taking immediate action is essential if you’re experiencing any of these symptoms. The best solution is to replace your air conditioning system with a new, more energy-efficient model. At Technic Air Mechanical, we provide AC replacement and air purifiers in Aurora, CO. Additionally, an air purifier can help remove harmful particles and bacteria from the air, ensuring that your home is safe and healthy.
Call Us Today
It’s crucial to be aware of the signs that your AC is making you sick and take the necessary precautions to remedy the situation. At Technic Air Mechanical, we understand the importance of healthy indoor air quality and are dedicated to providing the best possible solutions to our clients. Contact us today at (720) 261-0491 for AC replacement in Aurora, CO, or to learn more about our air purifiers. Trust us to keep your home comfortable, healthy, and safe.